Wednesday 18 August 2010

Lissie #4 - "Black Cab Sessions" - "Hello" (Lionel Richie) Cover

http://www.myspace.com/lissiemusic/
http://www.lissie.com/

I've not posted Lissie for a while, not overly sure why.
At the back of my mind I've a doubt that she's another Marina.
We had some initial tracks that were wonderful, then the album came along and it's a little over-produced and some of the initial charm has maybe gone - there is still some great material though: "Little Lovin'", "Everywhere I Go", "Oh Mississippi" etc.
Actually, I think I know what it is. "Cuckoo". It's just a bit naff and a weird choice for the next single in my eyes.

I do prefer the earlier live versions of "In Sleep" and "When I'm Alone" but on the album the still capture a wonderful Pop country vibe.
I do manage to see Lissie twice at Glastonbury, once a short set around a campfire (picture below) and the next day at The Queen's Head (picture left) she was great, truly great. I hope to see her play more acoustic material and hope she lets her voice really shine, it's a wonderful one, without doubt one of those sultry voices that can take your breathe away.
For example - What prompted this post was this:

Lissie from Black Cab Sessions on Vimeo.

If you can't get the video, I'm nice and have cropped the audio for your pleasure:

No comments:

Post a Comment