Thursday 12 August 2010

Holly Miranda #4 - Live on NPR World Cafe + Vino in Vino, New York

Photo by Anika in London - check out her amazing website, a lady with exquisite taste who has turned me onto a few artists through her site.

I had to post Holly again for a few different reasons. Mainly because I'm in love with her amazing music and live performances. Make sure you check out my previous posts for more of them. Her Etta James cover is simply too beautiful for words, as I said here.

The first half of this post is her set for NPR World Cafe, a 25 minute interview / 4 song session. Wonderful too (of course!):

DOWNLOAD: mp3 LINK

Setlist:
"High Tide"
"No One Justice"
"Nobody Sees Me Like You"
"Waves"

Still want more? Good: NYCTaper has posted more Holly here - part of the Vivo in Vino concert series, which matches artists with winemakers for a night of music and vino (which sounds fun, if messy)...
Head to NYCTaper and make sure you get a piece of Holly's set, which was primarily an acoustic cover set - it's wonderful, as you'd expect - what a great voice.

Holly Miranda - 2010-08-08, Vino In Vino,New York, NY USA
Setlist:

[Total Time 48:12]
01 [introduction/wine discussion]
02 Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want (Smiths)
03 Waves
04 I’m Your Man (Leonard Cohen)
05 Secret Identity
06 Glass, Concrete & Stone (David Byrne)
07 [set break + introduction]
08 I’d Rather Go Blind (Etta James)
09 I’m On Fire (Springsteen)
10 God Damn the Sun (Swans)
11 Lover, You Should Have Come Over (Jeff Buckley)
12 [banter/audience participation practice]
13 Ex-Factor (Lauren Hill)

Holly Miranda - Pelican Rapids from maddi murphy on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment