Wednesday 25 August 2010

Beach House #2 - New Song and New Tour

http://www.myspace.com/beachhousemusic

Beach House announced a new EP yesterday, don't get too excited, it's an iTunes session featuring six tracks played live as a three piece (the live show has now been expanded to a four piece - I like the sound of that).

One song however is new; "White Moon", sounding very much like an out-take from the Teen Dream sessions, it fits in wonderfully well with the rest of the material on one of this years stand-out albums. Read my review from a while back here.

For now I think the EP is exclusive to US iTunes which isn't too helpful for the rest of us. More where Apple is concerned, there is always some money to be made, so I'm sure we'll see it before too long.
To be honest, I much prefer the Beach House sound on record or live to this iTunes session, check out some previous recordings by searching through the labels.

You can listen to White Moon below:


The expanded band I referred to return to UK shows in November to play the following dates:

Manchester Cathedral (November 19)
Glasgow Oran Mor (20)
London O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire (23)
Bristol Trinity (24)
Brighton Concorde 2 (25)

So some nice venues and then Shepherd's Bush - oh well! I already have my ticket so see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment