Saturday 7 May 2011

Austra #6 - Lose it Video

http://www.austramusic.com/ / Facebook

As the build up to the official release of Austra's debut album 'Feel it Break' draws closer (can't wait) Domino have treated us to a video for it's next single "Lose It" out next week May 9th (backed by a cover of Joni Mitchell's "Woodstock") on very limited 7" -Rough Trade link - the album itself follows a week later on double LP which is very reasonably priced too - album link.

I love the song, it's more mainstream and catchy than "Beat and the Pulse" but Katie's operatic training really comes through, her powerful voice soars above twinkling keys and a nod worthy heavy beat, and as for the video, well I've not really got a clue what's going on. The band (I'm not sure if Sari and Romy from Tasseomancy count as part of Austra?) moving around a house with some pretty weird, nonsensical things going on, in all honesty it's a big too artistic to me, but I'm not really a music video person, you can't watch a video whilst walking to work / at your desk / on the bus (well I guess with an iPhone you can do that now but you get my point).

Katie and co return to the UK at the start of July, so far there is a Cardiff date on July 1st and Cargo, London on 7th July (ticket link) I've already got mine and cannot wait. I'm hoping we get a Trust, Tasseomancy and Austra triple head - that would be rather spectacular!

I've added the official video for "Lose It" below as well as a live video from SXSW which for me wins hands down, maybe it's just the way Sari and Romy from dance!





Austra - Lose It by DominoRecordCo

No comments:

Post a Comment