Monday 30 May 2011

Niki & The Dove #2 - Live Show

Facebookhttp://www.nikiandthedove.com/

Here is a rather splendid live show from Niki & The Dove - I missed their London show last week because it was the night before Primavera and given how broken I feel today, it was probably wise to have an early night before my flight but judging on the quality of this nine track live set (amazing quality too) it was possibly the wrong call.

 The hour long set sounds simply magical and I'm sure people at Dot to Dot this weekend will come back with a similar verdict. Brooding 80's electro-pop, strong drums and dirty synth beats combined with the stunning vocal range of Malin Dahlstrom is a winning combination for sure, a dramatic fusion of Kate Bush and The Knife was one comment I remember reading and it's probably about true. Tracks I've not heard before like the second track "Fast Economy" and the beautiful closing track "Manon" sound fantastic and certainly increases excitement levels for their album which is hopefully in the works right about now.

Enjoy the set, and my favourite of her tracks to date "Mother Project" below:

The setlist is:
1. Bells 2. Fast Economy 3. The Fox 4. Mother Protect 5. The Beach 6. Somebody 7. DJ, Ease My Mind 8. Gentle Roar 9. Manon

Niki & The Dove - Lifting Off Live by The Solo Artist
Mother Protect by Niki & The Dove
The Fox by Niki & The Dove

No comments:

Post a Comment