Wednesday 15 June 2011

Airship - Kids

www.airshipband.com

I know I say this a lot, but I really do mean it when I say I thought I'd previously done a post on Airship. I appear to have dreamt it, I've seen them five times supporting The Joy Formidable over a couple of different tours over the last 18 months and they gradually impressed me more and more. I've put a link to stream "Algebra" below, that was the song I enjoyed the most live.

If you've read this blog for a while you may have noticed that I've been gradually moving away from the more typical indie based set-up in favour of folk/electro/noise-pop etc, so it's refreshing to actually return to my roots and listen to some up-tempo thrashing guitar noise.

"Kids" is their new single, released this week, it's a delightful pop-rock track (though it could be treading close to the dreaded radio-friendly words of "anthemic"), piled with guitar-noise with a message of rediscovering your childhood somewhere amongst the propelling drum beat and breakneck pacing, the overall theme is something perhaps we could do with taking note of, though to be honest, I can't see me going into the woods and building a den this coming weekend!

Their debut album "Stuck In The Ocean" is due later this year. Listen below:

Airship - Kids
Algebra - Airship

No comments:

Post a Comment