Monday 27 June 2011

Lanterns on the Lake #5 - You're Almost There

http://www.lanternsonthelake.com/ / Facebook

Three or four of bands I follow released exciting news whilst I was away at Glastonbury getting wet / muddy / hot / wet / freezing / hot / bout of heavy hay-fever / sunburnt and wet again (review to follow by the end of the week). Firstly comes news of one of my favourite new bands Lanterns on the Lake.

Their debut album 'Gracious Tide, Take Me Home' is to be released 19th September on Bella Union, which itself it's exciting news, but there is a bonus, we've been treated to a preview track in the form of  "You're Almost There".

It's absolutely perfect for my current weary come-down state of mind, a beautiful piano led track which bears all the Lanterns hallmarks and brings the need to use similar adjectives to those that I've been over-using to describe the band since last July; with luscious, rich instrumentation, hazy, dreamy atmospherics and Hazel's beautiful vocals it's utterly stunning, I know I'm not alone when I say that I cannot wait for the album.

The band have some UK festival appearances lined up for the summer (dates), hoping for a London tour date too!

Listen / download "You're Almost There" below:
Lanterns On The Lake - You're Almost There by Bella Union

and the sublime "Lungs Quicken":
Lungs Quicken by Lanterns on the Lake


Lanterns on the Lake - You're Almost There from Bella Union on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment