Tuesday 28 June 2011

Still Corners #4 - Cuckoo

http://stillcorners.bandcamp.com/

Another exciting development over the weekend was the arrival of the single version of Still Corners latest 7" 'Cuckoo'. The title track a-side is everything I dreamed it would be, utterly, utterly gorgeous.

The vocals are hazy, ethereal, beautiful. There's a distinct organ floating through the mix with a gentle drum beat and shimmering guitar. Another new band that can do no wrong.

I'll leave this post very short (it works for Pitchfork) as I've already mentioned the live version. If you missed it the first time, do watch it again, it is quite wonderful.

The band play The Drop on Thursday, I think I'll be elsewhere this time but I saw them play XOYO last week and they were wonderful (though I did notice they played as a four piece instead of the usual five - not sure if the drummer was ill?).

Cuckoo is released July 4th - pre-order now.

Still Corners - Cuckoo by The Line Of Best Fit


Still Corners performs "Cuckoo" in NYC from BlearyEyedBrooklyn.com on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment