Wednesday 8 June 2011

Rae Morris - New Music "Introducing"

Facebookhttp://www.raemorris.co.uk/

It's incredible how much music I discover by simply listening to artists that are on the same bill as those I like for shows I can't even get to, an artist I've been in love with since late last year Daughter (whose wonderful 'His Young Heart' EP is long overdue a posting) is playing a gig tonight at Proud Camden.

I've parental duties every Wednesday so can't be in attendance but on the same bill was a young lady I'd heard by name but not listened to, her name was Rae Morris.

If you are like me and you start seeing a name a few times, you feel the need to listen to their music straight away, so that's what I did via her soundcloud page... and let me tell right now, it's utterly stunning.

"Did I Ever" and "Wait A While" are both warm and delicate piano ballads. Subtle, minimalist instrumentation lets Rae's voice immediately strike you,  it's just incredible. A captivating range and a song-craft that has you listening to every word, quickly showing her to be a talented singer-songwriter who's, to coin an aged old phrase, mature beyond her years.

Rae is 18 from Blackpool and tonight is in fact her first ever London show (a quick glance at her Facebook tell me anyway)... It won't be the last.

Perhaps too radio friendly for some of you here but when I hear a voice as beautiful as this I can't help but fall for it and if these two tracks are anything to go by, she'll be the soundtrack to many evenings such as this.

Listen:
Rae Morris - Did I Ever

Rae Morris - Wait A While

2 comments: